Complete Heat Trace Audit
The winter months lead to many industrial plants being subjected to pipes, instruments and vessels freezing resulting
in expensive down time, lost production, burst pipes and water damage. To prevent this happening to your plant Thermon
can provide an array of freeze protection solutions, for both hazardous and non hazardous areas. There are severe consequences
of having water based systems without electric heat tracing systems which will withstand, for the long term, the harsh
environmental conditions widely experienced.
The lost production and revenue are only the beginning of the costs involved in
rectifying the problems caused. The damaged pipes, instruments and vessels need
to be repaired or replaced, the electric tracing replaced or reinstated, the
thermal insulation replaced and access equipment erected for the duration of the
works. Additionally, planning, construction, HSE and permit resources are all
required to support this process. Clear up of the water based products and
potential damage to other equipment, which will vary from plant to plant, also
needs to be considered.
The key considerations to ensure long term reliability of your electric tracing
- Engage the electric heat tracing product manufacturer to ensure quality and
appropriate products are selected
- Ensure products are suitable for lifetime of plant operation (minimum 20
years) in accordance with IEEE benchmark testing
- Select manufacturer that can provide survey services and detailed reports on
the condition of your existing electric heat tracing systems
- Choose a manufacturer with detailed design experience with the ability to
provide ‘as built’ documentation which will accurately reflect any new systems
- Where required, select a manufacturer that has over 10 years experience in the
installation of complex electric tracing projects
- Engage the manufacturer that will maintain your system to ensure trouble free
operation and avoid the need for major future refurbishment
To ensure the reliable and safe operation of your plant, get an assessment of
your existing systems, which can be quickly and easily arranged.
for design assistance.
Tracing Installation Instruction