Thermon Announces Release of VisiTrace 3D Heat Tracing Design System
Thermon introduces VisiTrace 3D, the latest version of the VisiTrace design system. VisiTrace 3D provides superior system visualization and enhanced change management.
Since 2005, Thermon design engineers have utilized the VisiTrace design system to create best-in-class designs for its clients. VisiTrace 3D, the latest iteration of this groundbreaking software, gives its users updated system visualization, improved change management and many other system enhancements.
VisiTrace 3D separates the management model from the design models, giving project managers a better view of the overall status of the project. Designers execute their specific responsibilities with individually rendered models. With this division, designers can more easily optimize heat tracing and power distribution layouts, and managers can review status of individual designs or the entire project. This also simplifies global resource utilization in project execution. Designers and project leads separated by geography in offices around the world can still function efficiently as a team.
Change management has also been improved in VisiTrace 3D. On import, lead designers can compare the new file and metadata to the existing file. Important metadata linked to each file is presented in a table, and lead designers can immediately see any meaningful changes. VisiTrace 3D also renders the contents of the new file, offset from the existing line group in the model, with color coding indicating what was added, deleted, or changed. A report of all the changes in a revised file package can be generated to quickly summarize the impact of the new package on project schedule and materials.
Thermon provides innovative solutions for industrial heating applications by deeply understanding our customers’ needs. We specialize in providing complete flow assurance, process heating, temperature maintenance, freeze protection, and environmental monitoring solutions.
Genesis Network Version 1.1 new features:
- Support for nVent NGC40
- Support for nVent T2000
- Enabled over the air updates allowing network hardware to update without physical access
- Allow multiple backhauls per gateway improving network performance
- Network neighbor reports to USB. Each network device has the ability to show all devices that are connected to facilitate a more robust network
- Long loop mode allows the connection of Modbus loops with multiple controllers in a single loop facilitating legacy installations
- Multi payloads reducing mesh traffic by 60%
Genesis Network issues resolved from version 1.0:
- Various display issues in Network Management screen
- Resolved a potential null reference exception.
- Updated Firmware version Display issue.
- Updated Firmware version Display issue.
- Fixed Modal positioning bug in UI.
- Improved installer and configurator making installation and commissioning more seamless
- Stability improvements
- Added 'minutes' default units to the Startup Delay setting
- Fixed an issue in the Database migrations where a failure would occur when run against some existing installations
With the Genesis Network platform, Thermon is committed to releasing new features several times per year which offer enhancements to existing installations. If your operation has specific needs, please reach out to your local Sales Representative to request new features or enhancements. Please contact Thermon for more information
Thermon's HTSX™ 400 & 480 Vac Self-Regulating Heat Trace delivers:
- Over 70% increase in voltage rating, creating new applications and usage cases for our inherently safe and reliable self-regulating technology
- Up to 110% increase in heat tracing circuit lengths, simplifying plant design and optimizing Total Installed and Maintenance Costs for our Customers
- Thermon’s unique and proven Monolithic Co-Extrusion (MCE) technology, offering improved life expectancy and reliability over the competition
- Identical T-Ratings to our lower voltage HTSX™ offerings, ensuring the same safe operation in hazardous areas
- Enhanced Safety and Easier Installation compared with other high voltage and extended circuit length heat trace technologies
Thermon’s team of engineers and scientists pioneered the world’s first MCE self-regulating heat trace in 1997. As we have charted the path forward, significant investments in materials science, product design, and processing capabilities enabled the creation of our renowned HTSX™, VSX-HT™, and USX™ trace heaters. Thermon's new 400 & 480 Vac capability for HTSX™ has increased the voltage rating and circuit length,while maintaining the inherent safety, reliability, low cost of ownership, and ease of installation that Thermon HTSX™is known for.
Available in three nominal power outputs of 10, 15, and 20 W/ft at 480 Vac and 24, 40, and 57 W/m at 400 Vac, this new high voltage option features T-Ratings of T3 (for 10 & 15 W/ft) and T2C (for 20 W/ft). The three high voltage options can be energized with 380 to 480 Vac, complementing the existing six power output options that are available for both 100-120 Vac and 200-277 Vac.
Specify the new high voltage HTSX™ to optimize your critical freeze protection and process maintenance heat tracing systems today!
About Thermon, Inc.
Thermon serves the global Energy, Power Generation and Chemical markets to provide innovative solutions for industrial heating applications to improve our customer’s measures of success.
With operations on 6 continents and 17 countries around the globe, we specialize in providing complete flow assurance, process heating, temperature maintenance, freeze protection and environmental monitoring solutions.